Timberwolf Price List

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you refering to a Timberwolf woodstove, cuz if you are than your in luck beacuse I have one and also build them in lovely muskegon MI.

$

Computer User...

I checked last fall, and had to call Timberwolf direct just to get a phone# for a distributor for this area. Can't remember who it was, but I think their low end was in the $2k range. I here they are great splitters but you pay for it.

OH' In that case I prefer a huskee splitter over a timberwolf, rented a timberwolf once it was a piece. Some credit should be given being the splitter was 4 years old and comming from a rental place where everybody run it like they stole it. The machine did do the job, run and looked like crap tho.

Computer User...

I checked last fall, and had to call Timberwolf direct just to get a phone# for a distributor for this area. Can't remember who it was, but I think their low end was in the $2k range. I here they are great splitters but you pay for it.

That's what I was figuring. I'll have to find the local distributor, I guess, and get a sense of what their units cost. Not sure I really need one at the moment, but it would be worth knowing.

I have looked at the TSC units and know a couple of them that have processed hundreds of cords on a semi-commercial basis. They are a good value and they get the job done. But between the vertical shaft engines that I've seen on 'em lately and the wedge-on-ram setup, they're not that terribly tempting unless they were damned-near giving them away. If and when I finally buy a splitter I'd rather put my money into something with a fixed wedge that can accept a four- or six-way, and possibly a log lift.

But who knows, maybe I'll just stick with my 10lb maul...

I have a TW-5. I bought it with all the whistles, 4 and 6 way slip on wedges, table grate, wedge lift and log lift, I believe the dealer parted with it for $7500. I can do a cord by myself in less than an hour. To get the most out of it you really need a conveyor or the wood backs up to fast. Yet to have a problem with it and I've been able to almost triple my production. Will pay for itself this coming year. Not sure what the smaller units go for. Contact TW and they will hook you up with the nearest dealers.

Hindsight

If I had to do it all over again I would have gotten one of the splitters from Northstar? Cost a little more by the time it got shipped though.

I bought the Iron and Oak

I just went through this drill. I looked at the smallest horizontal TW. I think it was rated at 20 tons. The price was 1850.00 plus 250.00 PLUS tax. This was from a local distributor in Maryland. Total cost would be just shy of 2200.00

I looked at the Northern unit, It was about 1000.00 plus shipping. Which brought it to 1300.00

I then looked at the Iron and Oak 20T horizontal. I found a dealer in Delaware - No TAXES!!! It is very beefy. Comes with a solid axle, hubs and bolt on 12" wheels. The unit is tall. I am 6'3" and tall is good for me! I paid 1600.00 for it. I could have gotten the vert/horz for the same money.

I am VERY pleased. Before you plop down your money... check them out. You might be surprised just how nice they are.

And while you are doing math, make sure to calculate the true tonnage coming out of the splitter. They advertise one thing but when you figure what the pump and cylinder are capable of producing, you may be scratching your head on many of the claims out there.

I purchased a tw7 with the box wedge and it was around 12000. The only bad thing with this wedge is that it waste so much wood. This wedge slices the wood instead of splitting it. I ended up buying a 6 way wedge and taking off the box wedge. If I could do it over again I would of bought the tw6 basically the same machine just dif wedge. There was about a 200 dollar dif in price though. There is a dealer in wheeling IL. I'm not sure how close lancing is the wheeling though. Whelling is just north of chicago

Back