timberwolf splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill do my best thats all anyone can do.But give me the equipment I need to be serious about it ,not homeowner quality stuff or 15 year old splitters that will need overhauling.Ill spend the money to make the money,also I always have irons in the fire and half my inlaws and outlaws burn wood.If you were looking for a good used splitter dont wait for mine Im going to take real good care of it and get every last dieing breath out of it.If your looking for a mower I can take care of you ps the mower was a $8500 investment I got for nothing more than a business plan and my smarts .Ill make it.

I can relate to you with breakdowns, it's just part of it. check out my pics on webshots of the business i've got. It's definately rough but my saying still stands..."don't laugh, it's paid for!"

Agreed! But ambition and hard work aren't enough - you also have to be smart these days. A little homework up front can save a lot of grief and money, too.

I'd hate to hear a year from now that the inheritance is gone and there's another used Timberwolf for sale. :(

As I said in the first phrase of my response, I thought your advice was worth considering SERIOUSLY. So I certainly don't think we are in disagreement.

$6500 for a used tw5 , or $7290 for a new one???Easy decision Ill take the new one! only 400 cords through the used one that we know about.

$6500 for a used tw5 , or $7290 for a new one???Easy decision Ill take the new one! only 400 cords through the used one that we know about.

I agree 100%. I would never buy anything used that is selling for 90% of the NIB price, unless I was there to watch the first owner drop dead of a heart attack while he was putting the first round through the splitter.

i made a deal to use a friends tw7 to split the wood i need for my home and i can say its fast and worth the money in my mind however i have never used any thing elso other then a vertical splitter in the past which is nice but slow.
best of luck with the new biz.

My Dad and I have a standard tw5 4 way hydro wedge nothing else. Its a great machine. Bought it new in 01 best thing we ever did we were splitting by hand before that. There is no way I would use a 361 for a primary saw. Its a great saw for its size and we use ours regularly to buck logs but I would go for a 460 to cut that much wood.

Latest posts

Back