tired of waiting.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dedcow said:
hey all.. i have a customer that has been dinking around on paying me for work on 3 saws...............so next sat evening if he has not paid.. his 084 goes up for sale.. the saw needs a carb kit and could use clutch springs. due to age probly crank seals too.
ive been looking at this darn thing a month now and im getting sick of it..
if indeed he skips payment again.. i will be starting the saw out at $150

So what work did you do to this saw ?

Bill

I would like to see a copy of your "claim Check" and what you have printed on there. Holding a customers goods to get paid is one thing, selling it off with out a legal contract or claim check that he signed is another. I wish it was that easy or I wouldn't be sitting on two and half garages of old computers, monitors and printers. I have a scrap guy come every 6 months to take anything over 12 months old.

I believe most states require written/signed contracts/reciepts. Sell off a saw with only a verbal and you would probably lose if he takes you to court. We always send off certified letters of our intent to liquidate a customers machine. If he signs the letter he has a specified time to comply, if the P.O. can't deliver then I think we have to wait an addition 30 days before doing anything. Its a hassle but you need to protect yourself.

Yup, he could come back and claim he never agreed to that and then you are out that money if he went to small claims ct. (potentially)

Potentially he could be out of the money for the 084 and probably the moneys owed on the repairs of the other saws.

May I suggest you get him to sign a document stating that he is giving you the saw in payment for prevous services rendered and past moneys owed for unpaid repairs.

Is there a legit reason he is not paying - if it were a stranger I would tent to say screw the guy. But if it is a long term friend perhaps you can find a way to work it out?

dedcow said:
i owe several people here money and would like to be able to pay them NOW and he has been one of the roadblocks in doing that.. so next sat evening if he has not paid.. his 084 goes up for sale..

i will be starting the saw out at $150

Sorry to hear your business cash reserve is hinging on $150.

I have been on both sides of this fence. $150 bucks is a lot if this is all you do for a living, but he is a buddy. I have owed people money here (this group) also but they waited. I also have jobs sitting in my shop waiting for money and they aren't my buddy's. Guess that part of business. Tough choice...Bob

Back