Titan 50?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofaroo

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
AED5F38C-A64F-43B5-9C9B-E25BB57C6C60.jpeg 9798BCC2-F183-4B35-97FF-0E17E6120F6C.jpeg D6A747E2-137B-4B53-A8DB-1D1E7148C521.jpeg E268E10C-0D0D-4152-A66D-3FCE97CE2417.jpeg I picked up a pickup bed full of saws and a few trimmers and edgers a while back for $125. I’ve been resurrecting some of them but there were a few really old ones in the lot that I figured I would just display in my shop. There was a David Bradley, a Sears, and a Wright with a reciprocal sort of “bar” on it. Those were easy to find information about them. However, the Titan 50 in the pics has been harder to find info about. It has a plate that says it was made in Seattle by Titan Chain Saws, Inc.

A bit of searching on those internets makes me think it might be difficult to find parts for. Apparently Mcculloch has a model called a Titan 50 which dominates the search results.

I did find a site that listed other saws by this company but not the “50”.

It appears to be 100% complete and it is not seized. I may end up just sticking it back on the shelf for now but I’m sure that at some point I will feel compelled to get it running. Is the outlook for getting parts as grim as it appears or is there a source that I’m not aware of? Is it rare or am I just not a very good researcher?

View attachment 728905 View attachment 728906 View attachment 728907 View attachment 728908 I picked up a pickup bed full of saws and a few trimmers and edgers a while back for $125. I’ve been resurrecting some of them but there were a few really old ones in the lot that I figured I would just display in my shop. There was a David Bradley, a Sears, and a Wright with a reciprocal sort of “bar” on it. Those were easy to find information about them. However, the Titan 50 in the pics has been harder to find info about. It has a plate that says it was made in Seattle by Titan Chain Saws, Inc.

A bit of searching on those internets makes me think it might be difficult to find parts for. Apparently Mcculloch has a model called a Titan 50 which dominates the search results.

I did find a site that listed other saws by this company but not the “50”.

It appears to be 100% complete and it is not seized. I may end up just sticking it back on the shelf for now but I’m sure that at some point I will feel compelled to get it running. Is the outlook for getting parts as grim as it appears or is there a source that I’m not aware of? Is it rare or am I just not a very good researcher?

Back