To go from Walkerized to stock....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Ok, lets say I have a saw thats been worked over buy Walkers. The piston and jug have a few scratches in them. Its still pulling 134#, but the brand new rings are already scored and the score marks line up with the ones in the piston, telling me the jug is in worse shape than I thought.

If the timing has been changed, is putting a new jug and piston on going to screw me? Or are the timing changes done on the transfer ports?

I do plan on running it, and have put 2 gallons in it since I got it. I hope it makes it unitl the Big Bore kit for 066 comes out from Baileys. Just getting my ducks in a row. Thanks.

Usually ,the ignition timing is never touched on a woodsaw.But the ports timing has been changed for sure if the saw is ported.You can install the new jug and piston and your saw will just run great,no problems.

CaseyForrest said:
Ok, lets say I have a saw thats been worked over buy Walkers. The piston and jug have a few scratches in them. Its still pulling 134#, but the brand new rings are already scored and the score marks line up with the ones in the piston, telling me the jug is in worse shape than I thought.

If the timing has been changed, is putting a new jug and piston on going to screw me? Or are the timing changes done on the transfer ports?

I do plan on running it, and have put 2 gallons in it since I got it. I hope it makes it unitl the Big Bore kit for 066 comes out from Baileys. Just getting my ducks in a row. Thanks.

Nope I wouldn't think the ignition timing would be changed.
the only thing your still going to have related to walkers work by changing the cly. and piston will be the ported muffler.

You should be able to tell by looking at the flywheel key. If they changed the timing there would be an offset key instead of straight.

Rotax

RaisedByWolves said:
Why didnt you hone it when installing the new rings?

I didnt install the rings, they were installed before I bought it. I was fully aware that the jug and piston had light scratchs and knew what the compression was. I just wanted to make sure if I HAD to replace the jug, it wouldnt be a problem.

Back