to sit or not to sit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmihalek

Where's the wood at?
Reaction score
I'm looking into buying a saddle so I need some advice.

When using saddles for rec tree climbing, I'm wondering if a saddle with a built-in seat would be nice. After all, I imagine once I am way up in a tree, I'm going to want to relax a bit, eat some food, take some pictures, etc. However, I've read that rec climbing with a seat-saddle can be uncomfortable because the seat can restrict movement. True? Any advice would be helpful.

Hi Bob,
I think you'll find that a Ness (New Tribe) is going to be comfortable for extended hang time and you won't loose any leg mobility that a batten seat might limit. If you go for a New Tribe make sure you get the wrap around leg pad option, it increases support and comfort. Also, their beefier work saddle is going to give you more support around the waist and hips which can't hurt.

Also New Tribe has this cool little seat called a Tree Frog which you can install in a tree and use as a hang-out chair.
-moss

I would say it all depends on how fast you can get up in a tree and how long of a just straight distance up you're gonna be climbing on. If there is no branches for a long distance the saddles without the seat can get very annoying when just hanging suspended there.

Latest posts

Back