Today's critic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I lived in Oregon, the "Save the Spotted Owl" thing was in full force.
Lots of angry loggers. I sure don't blame them and I suspect that the tree huggers were/are out of line
(as they usually are) and I suspect the loggers know, and care, more about the woods and animals than the huggers.
Anyway, there was a baby spotted owl nailed to a tree with a sign reading,
"If you don't think there are enough spotted owls in these woods then plant this one."
LOL. That's an angry, out-of-work logger right there. :D

Great shot! I've only seen a few owls and never been able to get a picture of one.

I was working on the tree beside this one.

Mike

I was confident that you were not cuttin' her tree, in KY we cut down
baby squirrel's nests!!!!!

It is getting hard to do with all of the protesters.........

Our annual "Baby Squirrel Harvest" has gotten some bad press in the last few
years.....

But where do they think our "Burgoo Stock" comes from??????

Great pics, they really are cool birds. I've probably seen more around this year than I can remember.

I remember when I was little, I would be fishing at night at our place in Indiana and there would always be at least one owl in the woods at one end of the pond. A few times I got to see a mother with her little ones. I really wish I could have gotten some pictures of them.

Owl

Hey Trigger-Time, you live in the Ozarks? So do I. I'm in Springfield, Mo.

Hey guys, I'm not too far off in Willard.

I had an owl pick up my electronic predator call one evening. It dropped it after a few yards. Last year I was blowing on a mouth call and a hawk was coming in like a fighter jet until I took a dive for cover.

Happy New Year,

Rob

Hey guys, I'm not too far off in Willard.

I had an owl pick up my electronic predator call one evening. It dropped it after a few yards. Last year I was blowing on a mouth call and a hawk was coming in like a fighter jet until I took a dive for cover.

Happy New Year,

Rob

It's a small world isn't it Flatnesr?

Latest posts

Back