Todays Haul or Spring Fling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprintcar

Chainsaw Slut
Reaction score
I got a phone call right at the drop of the green flag at Dega, sure as :censored: wasn't going to miss my nap time when NASCRAP is on, specially at Dega. I told them I would stop by after four and here is what followed me home.

attachment.php

Stihl 038AV, ECHO 750 Stihl MS-290, Husky 55, Dolmar 109

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Didn't need em, for that matter didn't want em. Fair price, $10.00 a saw.

I think they're all gone Jerry, and you never even told us they were for sale.

Could ya go find some more?:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Man, can't even get em outta the truck and the words out. Let me look at em guys and see whats up with them. I have no attachment to any of these saws.

:rock:

Man, can't even get em outta the truck and the words out. Let me look at em guys and see whats up with them. I have no attachment to any of these saws.

:rock:

possible translation: You scavengers can have them!:popcorn::popcorn:

Well four out of five that run ain't bad.

The 038 needed the starter recoil fixed and about two hours of cleaning. The handle was cracked where it goes into the base but the local Stihl dealer says he has one in the barn. She is low on compression to what it needs to be and will be a candidate for a Baileys upgrade.

The little Dolmar was missing both the front and rear buffers. I ordered all three today. Fresh mix five pulls and she runs.

The Husky needed a little more work. Fixed the recoil and put a carb kit in it and tightened every screw on it. I don't think anything was torqued except for the cylinder. The magnets in the flywheel has so much corrosion and rust. Emery cloth and WD-40 cured that. Runs reset the L and H by ear with no bar, need to go get a 16 to go on her and reset the carb.

The big Echo had all the bosses for the starter housing screws stripped, re-tapped two just to she if she would fire. haven't cleaned her up yet but she runs also. What a cheesy compression release, oh well it worked I guess.

MS-290 is toast. Pulled the muffler took a peek, said a few cuss words, put muffler back on.

Oh well like I said four outta five ain't bad.

Well four out of five that run ain't bad.

The 038 needed the starter recoil fixed and about two hours of cleaning. The handle was cracked where it goes into the base but the local Stihl dealer says he has one in the barn. She is low on compression to what it needs to be and will be a candidate for a Baileys upgrade.

The little Dolmar was missing both the front and rear buffers. I ordered all three today. Fresh mix five pulls and she runs.

The Husky needed a little more work. Fixed the recoil and put a carb kit in it and tightened every screw on it. I don't think anything was torqued except for the cylinder. The magnets in the flywheel has so much corrosion and rust. Emery cloth and WD-40 cured that. Runs reset the L and H by ear with no bar, need to go get a 16 to go on her and reset the carb.

The big Echo had all the bosses for the starter housing screws stripped, re-tapped two just to she if she would fire. haven't cleaned her up yet but she runs also. What a cheesy compression release, oh well it worked I guess.

MS-290 is toast. Pulled the muffler took a peek, said a few cuss words, put muffler back on.

Oh well like I said four outta five ain't bad.

If you want to get rid of the 290 i will take it......

Latest posts

Back