Today's Urban Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lignator

Swamp Yankee
Reaction score
Hi All,

Here's how I spent my Sunday afternoon. The local power company dropped a few large trees at a friends house and they wanted to make "...something..." out of them. Here's what they got! This was my first go round with a ripping chain. Much much better than trying to cut with a standard chain when going with the grain. Everything was timber locked together. Hope you all had a good Sunday as well. Enjoy!

attachment.php

all the new outdoor furniture

attachment.php

first chair attempt....this one was full of ants! Had to make another.

attachment.php

The love seat.

attachment.php

action picture. the factory in the back ground used to churn out sewing needles in its hay day.

Yeah, it sure beat sitting at a desk and working!

I was trying to figure out a way to attach a back to the benches, I am pretty happy with the way the love seat turned out. I cut the 2 bottom supports on a slight angle and then timberlocked the backs in place. Nothing fancy, but it seems to work. If there had been a large enough log I wanted to cut a 90 deg to 100 deg pie out of it the long way to make a sitting space. It would also give you an arm rest at each end. Also I need to find a fostner bit big enough that I can drill in some cup holders. Next time!

Latest posts

Back