Too much for wedges and rope?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, but we aren't talking about felling a tree in the woods. We're talking about felling a tree in a particular direction with a back lean. There are back leans that wedges can not overcome. Ropes will pull them over without a problem however.
That's not true 1 inch of lift on 100 foot tree is giving you 10 feet if I remember right
You can stack wedges , even place a series of wedges in kerf cuts 1 inch apart in series below back cut

That's not true 1 inch of lift on 100 foot tree is giving you 10 feet if I remember right
You can stack wedges , even place a series of wedges in kerf cuts 1 inch apart in series below back cut

So you're saying there is no such thing as a back lean that is too sever to overcome with just wedges? Really? I know you can overcome a lot with wedges, but in the homeowner forum, with a tall pine leaning towards power lines, I'll recommend a pull line every time.

So you're saying there is no such thing as a back lean that is too sever to overcome with just wedges? Really? I know you can overcome a lot with wedges, but in the homeowner forum, with a tall pine leaning towards power lines, I'll recommend a pull line every time.

I recommend both pull line and wedges
I also recommend that if back lean is that sever over power lines with a tall pine that a home owner doesn't attempt it at all

Latest posts

Back