Too Wet To Unload, Will The Rain Never Stop?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry,
You are free to nit pick ! I did say a cord, but its probably a little under. Its only for my own woodpile.... not to sell. The trailer, to the top of the steel sides (NOT including the wooden side boards) is 120 cu. ft.(6 X 10 X 2). I always leave the tongue light, since filling the front of the trailer gives it too much tongue weight for my liking. In the picture from the rear, the camera is much higher than the top of the steel sides...... the wood is lumped well above the steel side of the trailer. Its definitely well above 1/3 to a half..... but probably correct that it isn't quite a cord.

Aha, I suspected that the trailer might be bigger than it looked. Thanks.

Harry K

Nice set-up and nice modification.

Nit pick: I am probably wrong but that doesn't look like a full cord to me, more like 1/3 to 1/2 cord. Of cours I don't know the dimensions of the trailer but it doesn't look much more than a standard pickup bed size.

Harry K

I think you may mean face cord which is 1/3 of a full cord.
If this is correct press 1. f this is not correct press 2. To speak to an operator press 0.... Sorry just got off the phone with verizon

Nice trailor Duct,

Yep same here in Maine. It's been the rainiest August I can ever remember! This is usually our hottest month but it's been more like May or Sept! The garden's loving it though! I got beans, taters and tomatoes coming out the wazzoo! That said, The sun is shining outside today! Yipeee, time to mow while I got the chance! :clap: :cheers:

Nice trailor Duct,

Yep same here in Maine. It's been the rainiest August I can ever remember! This is usually our hottest month but it's been more like May or Sept! The garden's loving it though! I got beans, taters and tomatoes coming out the wazzoo! That said, The sun is shining outside today! Yipeee, time to mow while I got the chance! :clap: :cheers:

Same here about 150 miles west in the Granite State. Cut my grass on Saturday when we had a brief respite. So did all my neighbors and virtually everyone whose house I drove by on my way to the dump later in the day. Kind of resembled one of those cul de sac communities that have a homeowners assn that require everyong to cut their lawns on the same day so the whole neigborhood has that consistently yuppie look from yard to yard.

Last edited:
The Coast Is Clear !

No rain for the next four or five days (so they claim). I pulled the tarps off my woodpile to let it get a little sun. Time to stack the two trailer loads i brought home from my stockpile. I should end up with about eight cord in the pile, plus two+ cord i have in the barn for the deep snow times (won't have to lug any from the pile if i don't feel like it). With a little luck i can stack a litte each night after work this week. Some day i will have to build me a nice woodshed like some of you guys have. :cheers:

Wood004.jpg

Wood003-1.jpg

Wood002-1.jpg

Wood001-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back