tool bragging right

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backhoelover

Free service manuals and service tool info
Reaction score
we talk about them, well let see them. let see who is the number one tool man!!! im not talking socket, wrenches, screwdrivers. I talking crankcase splitters, flywheel pullers, carb tools, flange plates, arbor presses, autotune, m-tonic, etc. any type of special tools. custom tools count too. winner get a free copy of my master service, ipl manual collection. 2800+ manual. (you have to send 32gb flashdrive) contest will end august 31st

Odd, I posted a picture of my tools but we haven't seen any evidence that you own the first one.

That`s a fine set of porting tools G but John will soon have you bested, I sent him two new horse hoof rasps, one flat one rounded to get into them tight corners!!

Ok I will bite but if I end up looking like a narcissistic douche I blame somebody else :)
Side rack - WD, wiha and stihl T27, flat screwdriver, mini impact, brush
IMG_8186_zpsq2kcapym.jpg

Top drawer -
9, 10, 12mm circlip installers, ZAT4 spark tester, 4, 5mm wiha ball end drivers, stihl internal limiter cap remover, piston strap, sharpie, zip knife, piston block, external limiter cap remover, brake spring tool, fuel tank assembly hook, fuel syringe, 8mm flat wrench for spike nuts, flux brush, tuning screwdriver, wiha 5mm nut driver, Stihl 5mm socket allen driver, Stihl bar stud remover with driver bit, 3/4" deep well thin wall with thumb driver for spark plugs, 13mm deep well with driver adapter, generic piston stop, stihl piston stop, generic piston compressors, clutch spring hook, fuel line crimper, bar rail cleaner, 1/2" impact breaker bar (slow and steady for breaking lose bar studs), various sizes of solder for squish measurements
IMG_8188_zps74q7mkwd.jpg

Top Drawer continued - 2 sizes of retaining ring pliers, spark plug boot puller, 5mm nut driver, Stihl T20, tuning screwdriver, nut pick, 1/4" ratchet, ink pens, baby channel locks, Phillips screwdriver, flashlight, pin punches, cheap needle nose and baby sledge
IMG_8189_zpsnbarjwtt.jpg

Drawer Two - Cheap digital calipers, compression gauge, Stihl EDT7 tach, Stihl pressure vac tester, Stihl carb pressure tester, case splitter, Loctite 518, various stihl drivers and pullers, oil seal puller set, bearing splitter and puller, Walbro carb rebuild tool kit, flat wrench for case splitter, Stihl curved coil gap setter, puller parts, gasket scraper. Super secret mystery puller. Intake/crankcase testing flange, exhaust testing gaskets.
IMG_8191_zps6rdlxer0.jpg

IMG_8192_zpszfym0jtm.jpg

Drawer Three - Stihl fasteners
IMG_8196_zpstxupb8bi.jpg

Drawer Four - larger and lesser used tools, brushes, rubber mallet, heat gun and welding glove, 075 clutch wrench, bar and chain tools, heated Stihl generator puller and installer, extra Wiha wrenches, 3 in 1 sharpeners, files, time certs, puller and tester extra pieces, cheap volt ohm, bar rail dresser, cutterless chain for bench testing, ethanol test kit
IMG_8197_zpsjanfglwm.jpg

IMG_8198_zps9tdpjv5k.jpg

Drawer five - junk drawer random fasteners and parts
IMG_8199_zpsaqso4oe3.jpg

Drawer Six is just tuning screwdrivers, screnches and safety glasses to go with saws that sell

Drawer Seven - rolls of 3/8 and 3/8Pico chain, boxes, spinner and breaker, Badass chain sharpening vise, emery cloth, red scotchbrite pads
IMG_8201_zpsb20jvhqk.jpg

As Norm Abrahms says the most important tools -
IMG_8184_zpssyjkj93p.jpg

Keeps me on track with projects -
IMG_8185_zpsnnwcogw0.jpg

DDAve

Just realized I have some chainsaw specific tools in another tool box as well, a handful of pioneer and poulan specific oil seal installers and a dreft punch made for removing the flywheel side bearing from 044 046 066 through the oil seal without a puller :)
And I suppose the shop computer with mediacat is pretty dang important too.

Ok I will bite but if I end up looking like a narcissistic douche I blame somebody else :)
Side rack - WD, wiha and stihl T27, flat screwdriver, mini impact, brush
IMG_8186_zpsq2kcapym.jpg

Top drawer -
9, 10, 12mm circlip installers, ZAT4 spark tester, 4, 5mm wiha ball end drivers, stihl internal limiter cap remover, piston strap, sharpie, zip knife, piston block, external limiter cap remover, brake spring tool, fuel tank assembly hook, fuel syringe, 8mm flat wrench for spike nuts, flux brush, tuning screwdriver, wiha 5mm nut driver, Stihl 5mm socket allen driver, Stihl bar stud remover with driver bit, 3/4" deep well thin wall with thumb driver for spark plugs, 13mm deep well with driver adapter, generic piston stop, stihl piston stop, generic piston compressors, clutch spring hook, fuel line crimper, bar rail cleaner, 1/2" impact breaker bar (slow and steady for breaking lose bar studs), various sizes of solder for squish measurements
IMG_8188_zps74q7mkwd.jpg

Top Drawer continued - 2 sizes of retaining ring pliers, spark plug boot puller, 5mm nut driver, Stihl T20, tuning screwdriver, nut pick, 1/4" ratchet, ink pens, baby channel locks, Phillips screwdriver, flashlight, pin punches, cheap needle nose and baby sledge
IMG_8189_zpsnbarjwtt.jpg

Drawer Two - Cheap digital calipers, compression gauge, Stihl EDT7 tach, Stihl pressure vac tester, Stihl carb pressure tester, case splitter, Loctite 518, various stihl drivers and pullers, oil seal puller set, bearing splitter and puller, Walbro carb rebuild tool kit, flat wrench for case splitter, Stihl curved coil gap setter, puller parts, gasket scraper. Super secret mystery puller. Intake/crankcase testing flange, exhaust testing gaskets.
IMG_8191_zps6rdlxer0.jpg

IMG_8192_zpszfym0jtm.jpg

Drawer Three - Stihl fasteners
IMG_8196_zpstxupb8bi.jpg

Drawer Four - larger and lesser used tools, brushes, rubber mallet, heat gun and welding glove, 075 clutch wrench, bar and chain tools, heated Stihl generator puller and installer, extra Wiha wrenches, 3 in 1 sharpeners, files, time certs, puller and tester extra pieces, cheap volt ohm, bar rail dresser, cutterless chain for bench testing, ethanol test kit
IMG_8197_zpsjanfglwm.jpg

IMG_8198_zps9tdpjv5k.jpg

Drawer five - junk drawer random fasteners and parts
IMG_8199_zpsaqso4oe3.jpg

Drawer Six is just tuning screwdrivers, screnches and safety glasses to go with saws that sell

Drawer Seven - rolls of 3/8 and 3/8Pico chain, boxes, spinner and breaker, Badass chain sharpening vise, emery cloth, red scotchbrite pads
IMG_8201_zpsb20jvhqk.jpg

As Norm Abrahms says the most important tools -
IMG_8184_zpssyjkj93p.jpg

Keeps me on track with projects -
IMG_8185_zpsnnwcogw0.jpg

DDAve
You win.......

:bowdown:

Nice shops. You guys are prepared to open a service center if you wanted. I can tell you, you have better tools than most so called dealers.

last week I had the parts counter guy ask me to wait a minute and the service manager came up and asked me what a tool was that was on the counter in my order for the day
I couldn't fault him for not knowing it was a generator puller/installer for heated saws, heck I had never even heard of a heated saw until I found you bunch of saw-nuts and this dealership has never sold one, ever.

I know there are some guys on here that have hellasweet saw tool collections, but most might be too lazy to take pics :)

Geez dave.i've seen multimillion dollar jobs hit the dry erase board but not saw builds.:laugh:
I love a dry erase board I think better when I have something to see and currently there are 26 saws in some stage of creation/repair up on the board. If I don't write it down I spend every minute in the garage trying to figure out what to work on and never fixing anything :)

I forgot two important parts of Drawer two - masons twine for installing intake manifolds and a set of harbor freight airbrush cleaning brushes they are tiny and work awesome for cleaning out little nonsense. Drawer also has a 4 mix engine setting gauge that I never figured out how to use :)
Dave

Latest posts

Back