Top handle saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7echo

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a top handle saw. Primarily for limbing/pruning.

What are the differences between the Echo 355T and 2511T? The specs are kinda close.

Is there another brand/model to consider?

They're not that close. The 355T has roughly 50% more weight and power. For mostly 4" and under hardwood I'd take the 2511T. If mostly 6" and above, the 355T. I just bucked a bunch of 6-9" hickory with a 361P, the rear-handled version of the 355T. It would have taken twice as long with the 2511T.

They're not that close. The 355T has roughly 50% more weight and power. For mostly 4" and under hardwood I'd take the 2511T. If mostly 6" and above, the 355T. I just bucked a bunch of 6-9" hickory with a 361P, the rear-handled version of the 355T. It would have taken twice as long with the 2511T.
Thanks, I think I confused the 355 with the 271. The 271 is closer in spec to the 2511.
I want a lighter saw so if Echo it would be between the 271T and 2511T.
I would consider other brands as well.

In that case, get the 2511T, unless you absolutely can't afford the extra $100. Then do a muffler mod.

The CS-355T is a home-run for a small top handle saw, IMHO. I owned a CS-360T for quite a few years and there were a LOT of things I didn't like about it. "Peaky" power curve, pesky rev-limiter that came in too soon, restrictive CAT muffler that's a PITA to modify, oiling the chain all the time and tiny little bar nuts requiring a different wrench in the tool pouch. I replaced it with a CS-355T and it's just light years better in every area..........

Latest posts

Back