Torn intake boot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I decided to take apart the 028WB, and see what was happening the seals are shot but the most interesting part of the take down turned out to be the intake boot, tell me if you think this one is still good ;)
crack.JPG

Last edited:
intake boot unusable, replace with new. we're sorry but the duct tape guru says duct tape wont work here.

thompson1600 said:
I would also check the AV mounts. Possible that they have worn out and causing too much stress and tore the manifold boot.

Tom
You are correct, the front AV mounts are sagging, I planned on replacing all of them when I replace the top end.
I was just surprised the saw ran as well as it did with this torn like it is, I went to take the band off, got it loose and moved it back and seen the tear. I kinda figured everyone would get a kick out of a picture of it.

Last edited:
boot

Pretty common repair, and the buffer remark is right on the money. I would replace them all if worn. Usually this happens when a saw is pushed with a dull chain. If not pushed, the tear closes and runs so-so. Push on it, tear opens, and leans out.
Eventually, the saw lean seizes. :cry:

Latest posts

Back