total NEWB,... Buy a refurb Husky 455R or a Stihl 290 Farmboss?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy from Houston, & congrats on the 2171 :msp_thumbup:!

Where are you cutting? I'm guessing that you're seeing a lot of dead yellow pine from last years drought :msp_thumbdn:.

Good morning!

Are you in houston too?

Im on the west side of houston near I-10 and beltway 8 west but most of my tree cutting work is happening on my buddies land near lake livingston.

We should do a houston saw GTG if theres more than 2 of us!

Good morning!

Are you in houston too?

Im on the west side of houston near I-10 and beltway 8 west but most of my tree cutting work is happening on my buddies land near lake livingston.

We should do a houston saw GTG if theres more than 2 of us!

Native Houstonian here, grew up in the Heights, now live in SE Hou. We have quite a few active members in Texas, but not many active members actually in/near Houston. One fellow in NE TX (near the TX/OK/AR borders) was going to do a GTG, but he hasn't posted in a quite a while.

I can't host a GTG, unless everyone brings their own logs :laugh:, but even that wouldn't work because my neighbors in our subdivision wouldn't much care for hearing chainsaws running all day :msp_angry:.

Native Houstonian here, grew up in the Heights, now live in SE Hou. We have quite a few active members in Texas, but not many active members actually in/near Houston. One fellow in NE TX (near the TX/OK/AR borders) was going to do a GTG, but he hasn't posted in a quite a while.

I can't host a GTG, unless everyone brings their own logs :laugh:, but even that wouldn't work because my neighbors in our subdivision wouldn't much care for hearing chainsaws running all day :msp_angry:.

Hehe, I have the same problem in Austin. Not a lot of thick timber in the land of the ticky tacky subdivisions :)

Hehe, I have the same problem in Austin. Not a lot of thick timber in the land of the ticky tacky subdivisions :)

Our subdivision was started in the early '60s, there's plenty of large 50+ year old oak, yellow pine, pecan, & hackberry?? trees around. Felling them without getting caught is the hard part ;).

Sarge had about 20 acres of 10 yr old pine growth on part of his land that he's planning on completely bulldozing, so i know for a fact that he wont care if we chop that crap down. Also theres some bigger stuff here and there that needs to come down too. Plus we have a decent shooting range that goes out to 400 yards and is getting better by the day.

If anyone is genuinely interested in doing a GTG in near lake livingston Tx ( and will help educate me in this new found CAD ) I'll as if i can host one on his land.

Latest posts

Back