Tractor Ed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdchuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Started with the boy, once he surpassed his noise fears, he navigated the path out back just fine, he was good for his trip around the horn. 8yrs

Daughter, awesome, had the anticipatory steering handled after the second switchback. You will do well in auto ed. 9rs

They will get further instruction of course as the year progresses to understand clutch-popping and so forth.

To get an idea of scale........1972 Ford 3400

Disclaimer: Capable adult was in seat with learning youth in front, machine was operating in slowest gear and slowest throttle setting possible.
Similar to most any farmer in the world for the last many decades.

Last edited:
My 3.5 year old likes to dump the bucket on the Kubota L235:msp_thumbup: If she had her way she would be driving the whole deal:hmm3grin2orange:

Good on you for getting them involved!

Started with the boy, once he surpassed his noise fears, he navigated the path out back just fine, he was good for his trip around the horn. 8yrs

Daughter, awesome, had the anticipatory steering handled after the second switchback. You will do well in auto ed. 9rs

They will get further instruction of course as the year progresses to understand clutch-popping and so forth.

To get an idea of scale........1972 Ford 3400

Disclaimer: Capable adult was in seat with learning youth in front, machine was operating in slowest gear and slowest throttle setting possible.
Similar to most any farmer in the world for the last many decades.

Glad to see others get their kids involved. Im glad my parents did.. and i will when my son is old enough. I was disking fields when i was 5.. Im still here.. The major rule is don't get off unless all the implements are down and the machine is turned off...

A good start but be careful, teach safety first.

I was haying all the stuff and backing 200 bale loads into the hay mall, that the damm wagons barely fit into, at 14.

That was running 3-cyl gasser Ford 3000 and 4000.

I have a 9N and 2000 , presently

Don't worry too much ya'll, they were bored to tears with safety talk long before they ever pulled the choke out.

Stuff like;

Make sure it is not in gear, you might squish kitty if you turn the key and she don't scoot fast enough.
Oh, neutral is the gear when the stick in the middle wiggles way right and way left. Ifn you are in gear, that stick don't wiggle for **** left or right.

Don't let off the clutch too soon or you'll give dad some damn whiplash and he won't remember ifn its bedtime on monday or sleepin on saturday.

PUSH IN the CHOKE LEEVER AFORE IT STALLS fer crying ou, oh dam, you killed the dern thing.....well, lets do it agin.

Hey, I pay taxes, are you sure they don't teach this in school? It's choke out, clutch in, turn key, push the choke in ifn its catching, and don't fergit to lift the three point before ya put in gear so ya don't plow the driveway, you know how much yer momma gets pissed at that, holy moly we'll be eatin turnip greens all week now.

DAM.

Well, lets start agin......

Push, Pull, Yank, Squeeze, fart, pull, push, steer and now ya finally got it out of the garage.

A good start but be careful, teach safety first.

I was haying all the stuff and backing 200 bale loads into the hay mall, that the damm wagons barely fit into, at 14.

That was running 3-cyl gasser Ford 3000 and 4000.

I have a 9N and 2000 , presently

They've been helping with baling/loading for two years now. Just a couple bales to get the feel of that particular operation and learn when to stay well clear of moving anything.

They'll jog and toss bales on a trailer years before they get anywhere near the actual baling process.

Master one step, then move on to the next but never forget your first.

It is is a good thing to teach them early in life . A little work will not kill any one , I have been giving my little girl rides on the tractor and skidsteere since she was 2 she still likes to go for rides .she helps with the hydrolics on the log splitter sometimes she is 8 ,Santa brought her a little four wheeler and she drives it like a pro.

Latest posts

Back