"Tree Abuse" Article in WSJ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I don't see what the big deal is. So many of us want the State to make important decisions for us and to enforce and validate our particular worldview through legislation. Clearly we're getting what many of us want.

Hey, I don't see what the big deal is. So many of us want the State to make important decisions for us and to enforce and validate our particular worldview through legislation. Clearly we're getting what many of us want.

The organisms you peak of are SHEEPLE. As for the rest of us, we need to get off out asses, get to the polls and get the ass clowns shoving this crap down our throats out of office.

-end rant-

CU- your point is sad but very true. I can't understand why some folks don't want to take care of their damn selves.

City wide conspiracy

I was just in Savannah Georgia.
Very neat place.

But they have a city wide conspiracy there to never trim a tree.

This can be difficult to regulate. Allowing those big ol' southern hardwoods to flow horizontally makes for a romantic setting.

I guess you have to give into the trees above ground with all the concrete we place over their root systems.

Haven't you heard? It's all part of the Global Conspiracy, to depopulate the earth and return it to its "natural state" with all the "sheeple" (great word, I use it alot) confined to the cities and factories where they work to serve the Masons/Illuminati/Avon Ladies or whatever. Man, you guys need to open up your paranoia box!

Seriously, it is a trend with not only trees. One fruit complains at city council, and they make a half-baked thoughtless law/ordinance to quiet them. Then the petty beaurocrats get to exercise both their moral cowardice and natural bullying ability.

I think we need more people like this guy:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003444247_toiletfence.html

I wouldn't want him for a neighbor, but if I did, I'd buy him a case or two of his favorite beverage.

After reading the ST article, it doesn't discuss really WHY toilets instead of a fence- there is a stupid inflexible ordinance preventing him from erecting one, plus his neighbors all fought the permit for the fence. "Art", gotta love it.

Last edited:
Haven't you heard? It's all part of the Global Conspiracy, to depopulate the earth and return it to its "natural state" with all the "sheeple" (great word, I use it alot) confined to the cities and factories where they work to serve the Masons/Illuminati/Avon Ladies or whatever. Man, you guys need to open up your paranoia box!

Seriously, it is a trend with not only trees. One fruit complains at city council, and they make a half-baked thoughtless law/ordinance to quiet them. Then the petty beaurocrats get to exercise both their moral cowardice and natural bullying ability.

I think we need more people like this guy:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003444247_toiletfence.html

I wouldn't want him for a neighbor, but if I did, I'd buy him a case or two of his favorite beverage.

After reading the ST article, it doesn't discuss really WHY toilets instead of a fence- there is a stupid inflexible ordinance preventing him from erecting one, plus his neighbors all fought the permit for the fence. "Art", gotta love it.

Clever.:)

Back