Tree fell on car

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taxmantoo

Plays with chainsaws
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This was posted to a Mercedes forum this morning.
1987 Mercedes-Benz 190D Turbo.
The turbo was only made one year, fewer than 1500 were built.
He pampers this car, only parked it outside because he needed to work on the Volvo in the garage this weekend.

I came out to my car today to drive to the bike shop and saw a large Bishop Pine (Pinus muricata) had fallen directly onto the center of my 190D Turbos roof. I was certain the car was totaled, but couldn't really see well with all of the branches around.

crushedmb.jpg

Miraculously after several somewhat stressful hours a crew came and removed the tree; the MB survived virtually unscathed! The antenna is bent, and there is a 1/4 size dent on the drivers side rear roof pillar, that you can see if you look closely from the right angle a few feet away. There was zero damage to the paint.

It's kinda ironic, since I'm so protective of this car that I won't let people set even small items on the roof, and I always park in the back of store parking lots so people are less likely to hit it with a cart, but today a huge tree fell directly onto it and did almost zero damage.

See, trees really are the deadliest plants on Earth. That's why it's our job to protect our Women and Children. :rolleyes:

That sucks, hopefully he has insurance.

I'd imagine the owner of the tree would have some responsibility, but if not, he'll survive. A Hirschmann antenna is only about $80, and you can get just the mast for under $40.

The antenna is bent, and there is a quarter size dent on the drivers side rear roof pillar, that you can see if you look closely from the right angle a few feet away. There was zero damage to the paint.

Back