Tree/shrub I.D.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

link523

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone I'd these two trees
49aca5b8c101579155abfeb00d3d6710.jpg
7447c8dbb86c830176a9b05e3b8be5ab.jpg
I am thinking this maybe hackberry.
699bb27d386f72432df83f78715069e9.jpg
df12780928ed2e3fddaf0f974296e8bf.jpg
second two are black cherry? Not sure they both are growing on the edge of the forest,have white flowers,and are growing in acidic sandy. There in northwest lower Michigan (wellston) Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That first picture I'm fairly certain is a barberry. Ours has just popped up with berries like that this year.

Not a regular here, but these guys have been super helpful in the past. I'm thinking most of them must be off on vacation right now or something. With the exception of TNTreehugger (who is also not an expert), I can't get any answers on my thread either. :(

I stand corrected. I'm embarrassed to say that we were told that's what our tree was (hubby says that there was even a tag on it that said that), but as far as I can find, there is no such thing as a barberry *tree*. They're all shrubs, and their fruit sure looks different than your picture and our tree has.

Well, I'm glad someone was at least able to answer your question! Thanks, capetrees!! :)

The first picture is not hackberry. The fruit looks like Serviceberry, but I can't see it in the leaves of that picture.

I think your second picture may have a hackberry in it...but not great pictures. Looks like there are other trees in there too.

The last are cherry. Not enough there to say Black cherry for sure.

First picture is roundleaf serviceberry. Third and fourth is black cherry.

Latest posts

Back