tree work to complete

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you, perchance, pay the people who left the job unfinished? I'm sorry that you are out of my area but you should be able to find someone to finish up for a reasonable fee.

I did not pay the entire fee, at the time 800.00 which included trucking away the remains. I did all the cleanup, chipping and stacking. Paid 500 for the limbing and also some trimming of two other trees. Seems fair in retrospect.

have you gotten this tree taken care of yet? its amazing what people do isnt it. did the porson give any reason for not finnishing. i see you are from ny what part? we may be able to give you some advise let us know if we can help thanks alott:confused:

Does not look like it would be hard to block down, but if the wood plie were not there I could drop the stick into the foreground. Providing there is nothing between the two.

The ones I hate is where the hacks take all the easy stuff out, and leave no good rigging point for another company to get the stuff off the roof.

Still standing, I called 3 companies for quotes, 3 got directions but never called. I think it is the busy season and this is a small job. I am considering renting a cherry picker and blocking it down myself ( with some helpers ). But I have no chainsaw experience except with 2 feet on the ground :)

I am in Albany.

no offense, but

You have all the experience you need. And you need to keep your two feet on the ground. If I understood correctly, you've paid 500 out of an eight hundred dollar job. So you theoretically have 300 dollars left. You may pay half that to rent the bucket truck (I didn't know you could rent those....that's scary). So by doing it yourself, you would be saving 150. You can easily do a lot more damage than that faster than you'd realize. I'd let someone with insurance do it. (And no, you're probably not covered to do this work yourself, unless you have some awesome insurance!).

Good luck and ask to see the business's proof of insurance.

love
nick

Back