Tribute to my old good dog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It’s been a rare two bad weeks in my world. My close beloved aunt was dying after 84 great years in hospice. She was my fave with her kids/ my cousins I hang out with weekly.

And then suddenly a 47 yr old close friend of my family with 3 kids dies unexpectedly in between. His 2 boys are best friends with mine. Ages 15 and 11.
Terrible tragedy.

Ouch. Tough week. Meanwhile my aunt passed away at 84 years days later. Ok. Great life. Great funeral. Good bonding with family.

Then I come home and my Scooter. My awesome family dog of 13+ years can’t get up and cannot walk anymore. He tried but kept falling down the ole trooper. It was time. I buried him today with a heavy heart. I hung out today with those families with way more losses than mine.

But am sharing my Dog loss here.
Cuz I’m wrecked. No need to comment. But I needed to share with someone. Good dogs are special too! RIP Scooter

Attachments

• 6C9AF2ED-06BC-4732-82C7-2073E8A34653.jpeg
    6C9AF2ED-06BC-4732-82C7-2073E8A34653.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 0BE734D0-B10F-40C0-BC66-BAC65E467817.jpeg
    0BE734D0-B10F-40C0-BC66-BAC65E467817.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Thanks guys. I don’t post on social media much except for this site some over the years. It’s a good group of people.
I needed to grieve and vent a bit last night to random good strangers with the current situation. It helped. Sometimes the internet isn’t all bad!

Today was a lot better day to count my blessings. Thanks again!

Nobody (or beast) is going to live forever, but that is pretty hard to have all that at about the same time.
Hang in there, and go cut a little wood to take your mind off things.

These end of life intrusions are always tough, and for some reason, they seem to clump near the end of the year and the holidays. My own 15+ Brittany is showing signs of a weakend immune system. I dread the day I have to take that next step. FWIW, Jimmy Stewart read his own tribute poem to his dog on Johnny Carson several years ago. This is a gentleman who struggled with his dog's end of life. Maybe this will let you know you are not alone:

Back