Triple action karabiners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO-Omega Jakes( you have to specify the tri-acts. They make The Jake as a screwlock and 1/4 turn twist lock also)

I am a petzel tri act man myself....

I like the all metal construction as opposed to the plastic sleeve on a ball lock.

Just my opinion.

Originally posted by Crispin Hoar
I like petzl ball locks

Hey I got a ball lock and I just can't get my big mits to work it proper!
I use it on my chainsaw lanyard cause I don't take it off my belt to often.
I also find it gets gummed up with sap alot so it seems to be my high maintence biner!
Later
John

I like the AM'D with the little green buttons. I find them to be easy to open one handed, and I agree with JPS- I am a proponent of the no-snag feature of the key-lock 'biners. I've seen them in Petzl, Kong, DMM and a few others. I don't know why you'd make it another way.

love
nick

I've got a few different brands, Petzl has always been best for me. Kong sucks I have 2 bought at the same time one died after about 2 months where the spring action no longer works to snap it closed. The other one just never seems a crisp as the petzls. I never forgave kong for that crappy biner, never will but kong biners again.

Nick, I guess that there is some inside purpose for calling for David's attention. FWIW I have used a set of Kong "grenade gates for a couple of years. They were always reliable but a PAIN to try to open one-handed.

Stumper, I took much practice to get my brain to open those grenade biners with little thinking.

I, too, had one break just like described.

love
nick

Latest posts

Back