trouble finding, identifying steel shanked boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fishercat

fishercat

Addicted to ArboristSite
i wouldn't worry too much.

if you don't wear them,Bailey's should swap them out.they are great that way.just don't buy their aftermarket Husky parts.

Plasmech

Plasmech

Addicted to ArboristSite
if you don't wear them,Bailey's should swap them out.they are great that way.just don't buy their aftermarket Husky parts.

So you think that the Hoffmans are so much better that I should send the Dawg's back? Not questioning your opinion at all, just trying to get an idea as to how much better they are.

Nailsbeats

Nailsbeats

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey Dan, my brother and Chaz really like the Danner Quarries they bought. I guess they have a fiberglass shank. They are light and they say they have plenty of support for spikes, waterproof and nice in the cold too. It's a thought. $189 or something.

Last edited:
fishercat

fishercat

Addicted to ArboristSite
i had the quarries.

Hey Dan, my brother and Chaz really like the Danner Quarries they bought. I guess they have a fiberglass shank. They are light and they say they have plenty of support for spikes, waterproof and nice in the cold too. It's a thought. $189 or something.

pure garbage! they are the only thing with gore-tex i ever got wet feet in.they are also Danner's low end.they are made in China.i wore them for a year.ankles were loaded with gaff scars.gotta love Cabelas,they took them back after a year and gave me my $200 back,no questions asked!that is service!

Nails,you sure they didn't get the Danner Rainforest?

fishercat

fishercat

Addicted to ArboristSite
yes i do.

So you think that the Hoffmans are so much better that I should send the Dawg's back? Not questioning your opinion at all, just trying to get an idea as to how much better they are.

and yes i would. but that is me.do it now while work is slow.would suck to regret it in the busy season.

oh i forgot,Obama will be president and the Dems will have full control of our destiny then.sorry,there won't be any more busy seasons!:hmm3grin2orange:

treemandan

treemandan

Tree Freak
Ahh, Cabelas. Maybe I will take a ride out and see what they have. Nails, get those boots off your bro before he starts talking Chinese:)
I really don't like to get something I have never tried from mailorder, its bad for everybody if it don't work, fit or get here.

fishercat

fishercat

Addicted to ArboristSite
Cabelas is goodmailorder.no worries.

Ahh, Cabelas. Maybe I will take a ride out and see what they have. Nails, get those boots off your bro before he starts talking Chinese:)
I really don't like to get something I have never tried from mailorder, its bad for everybody if it don't work, fit or get here.

i have a store 5 minutes from my house if you want me to check something out before you buy it.if they stock it that is.

Climbing Fool

Climbing Fool

ArboristSite Lurker
I am on my second pair of Haix Protector Pros and love em. This time around I bought a second pair of low ankle boots so I dont wear out the soles quite so fast. The Hoffmans looked very similar and seemed to have most if not all of the same features.

Sent my leading hand to climbing school a while back and bought him a pair after day 2. He said his confidence in spurs went thru the roof after putting on the Haix boots with steel shanks. Leave the crap on the ground where it belongs. Your feet will thank you.