Trouble with my t-stat for my owb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PURPLEBOWYER

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi fellas!Should my t-stat fan control on my propane furnace be set on auto or manual?Since I lit my stove 2wks ago Ive had problems with my fan running too long.It will kick on just fine but it will run til I bump it off.I tried setting the longer-shorter cycle dial inside the t-stat for the owb,but that dosent seem to work I thought I could adjust while running but no-go.Im pretty new to this guys and any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

do you have a separate t-stat to control the fan when using the OWB, or how is your thermostat set up?

I replaced my cheap slider t-stat with a digital one, only two buttons up or down, non programmable. It keeps the house much more comfortable with less swing in temp. With the old style it would swing a couple degrees and you would always be too hot or too cold. I think it did stick on a couple times as well. Now when the wife says, "I think the fire went out" I can tell her it is exactly 72.9 degrees and no the fire did not go out. Yes it is an owb that we have had for 9 years but she still says that. But I digress...

Latest posts

Back