• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Ts400 crankcase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me do some digging, and I'll get with you tomorrow.
The loctite 660 will handle up to.020 gap. I've used it on some that had every bit that much of a gap many times. They are still in service. The stuff is amazing; really.
But anyway; I'll make sure I have one. it would be $30

happen to find one?
Sorry to take so long.
I have several but only one without a loose bearing pocket. (I had to press the bearing out). However, it looks like a clutch bearing or spring rubbed a hole in the upper part of the crankcase. I'm not sure how picky you are. See if this would work for you?
20160308_173753.jpg 20160308_173856.jpg 20160308_173904.jpg 20160308_174133.jpg
There are no stripped threads.

If no one here can help you out shoot me a pm in awhile and I will send you some info to a guy here that has piles of Stihl cut-off saws and parts

I wish there were a good source of parts for the har box parts. That's all I need to finish mine up. Good saws when running

Yes.:D They are the best cutoff saw ever made in my opinion. The new TS500i fuel Injected saw Is a very nice saw too, but way more complex.
Epa regulations were the demise of the TS400. It's emissions were too dirty.
If your saw has a bearing pocket wallered out, you can use loctite 660 bearing retaining compound plus the catalyst. It solidifies in about one minute, and reaches full cure in 24hrs.
It will fix up to a .025 slop in the pocket, and Permanently.
Yours Is the clutch side I assume? Usually the clutch gets worn and becomes out of balance, causing eventual wear from the excessive vibration.
I install the new bearings on the crank, then heat up the fan side and drop the crank in. This will keep the loose side centered when it gets dropped in with the side with the retaining compound. It Is Important that the bearing pockets of both sides be oil free and dry, as well as the outer surface of the crank bearings. I use a small steel bristle brush and a laquer thinner to prep the crankcase, then use compressed air to blow it dry.
The catalysts recommended for use with the #660 loctite quick metal are #7088 tube paste or spray version #SF 7649. All three available are on ebay. There are expiration dates on loctite too, so make sure they aren't expired.
If your case half is broken, PM me, I may be able to scrounge one up. I have bunches of new and used parts for pretty much any cutoff saw. :yes:

Latest posts

Back