Twin Stihl 056 Chainsaws $250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retoocs555

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Chainsaws sold by the pair. I wouldn't want them to be lonely!

2 stihl 056. Both pull over 100psi but the reoils on both are sticky from sitting and they were absolute bears to pull over, so I call the compression 100psi+ on both I don't know what the true compression is.

They are not identical twins. The tag is worn off of one but the other is a Mag II. The non-mag has spark but the mag doesn't. The orange top/handle is cracked on the mag II but I have another cover that will go with the saws.

One saw is missing bar nuts. These are just a couple of good project saws that nobody has started to pick over for parts yet. Neither were equiped with a chainbrake.

$250 plus actual shipping.

Pollock777 and tkemble have dibs because they emailed me inquiring about them last night.

I'm having fun with this, finding chainsaws in pairs. I'll have to see how many sets I can get up on this thread, I've already added a pair of 045s. What to follow up with???

attachment.php

Last edited:
fishhuntcutwood said:
By being a bear to pull over do you mean it's got stiff internals, or it's a bear to pull over and start? A saw with 100 psi shouldn't pull that hard.

What about their oil pump adjustment screws? They usually leak.

Jeff

Bear to pull over because the both saws are dry from sitting, both recoils and engine internals. I got to 100 psi on each and said, ok thats enough!

Both half/wraps, I should add that the wrap handle on one saw has a crack on it near top mounts. I may have another one that I could send with them.

I'm not sure about the oil pump adj screws.

I haven't heard from either of the two members who had dibs so I guess these are game for anybody.

I might not get a chance to check those pistons out until monday or so.

I will take them if still avaible. I was waiting for you to say the fist guy didn't want them. LOL

If there already gone, O'well.
Travis

tkemble said:
I will take them if still avaible. I was waiting for you to say the fist guy didn't want them. LOL

If there already gone, O'well.
Travis

They're yours. PM me your zip code and I'll get a paypal invoice to you tomorrow soon.

I have 045s tooh:)

Latest posts

Back