Two different oil seals on ms 039 help please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I got these for my 039 rebuild, clearly they are different to the original.

original is on the right,
New is on left.

I have heard somewhere that it depends if you plan on replacing them when the engine pan is on or off.

does it make any difference? I have the pan off if it does...

I’m guessing either way they will work, but I am keen to understand why / how it makes a difference

thanks in advance.
3B7E9087-376B-449D-88D9-5AE67B071931.jpeg

Fantastic mate. Seeing as my dealer ordered these ones which are designed to not need to split the case and I have the saw apart, so long as the ring on the seal sits outwards, it will still work assembling it with the case halves apart I’m guessing?

Just a little bump in case anyone has anything to add before I fit these seals soft seals in a few hours.
Yea, be sure to use a high temp fully curing sealant like Dirko HT when you put the engine back together. Non-curing, non gap filling products like Motoseal will leak! Although you won't find this out until you have everything back together and are pressure testing the saw!

Yea, be sure to use a high temp fully curing sealant like Dirko HT when you put the engine back together. Non-curing, non gap filling products like Motoseal will leak! Although you won't find this out until you have everything back together and are pressure testing the saw!
Thanks yep I do exactly that :) I was just curious if anyone had experienced the soft seals :)

Latest posts

Back