Two Eagles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
2eagles001.jpg

2eagles002.jpg

2eagles003.jpg

2eagles005.jpg

The carving was rotting so we cut it . I left it where it sits in the last pic cause that little Dingo just ain't enough for things like that. We had to cut one round off the bottom and have 3 people on the back of the Dingo to move it. I think we are gonna need something a little bigger to stand it up. We only broke a few feathers... so far. Least the whole thing didn't hit the floor as the HO looked on.
We used to main lift ropes from the top , the winch and the Dingo powered the" lift off" which really was just a "let down".

Last edited:
That's pretty slick the way he carved those eagles in it, Too bad it rotted and had to be taken down. Good job and pics as usual.

The carving was done by a friend who has been doing this for a long time. what pisses me off is that they only can pay so much to have a tree cut down but will pay thousands for the carving no problem.

The carving was done by a friend who has been doing this for a long time. what pisses me off is that they only can pay so much to have a tree cut down but will pay thousands for the carving no problem.
Wow, i bet it was an expense if they paid someone to carve that. How did they preserve it from the weather, Surely they did something to it to keep it from rottening especially if they paid for it.

Wow, i bet it was an expense if they paid someone to carve that. How did they preserve it from the weather, Surely they did something to it to keep it from rottening especially if they paid for it.

The guy who does the carving has all sorts of tricks and also has a maintenance program.
Now when everbody starts talks about artistry and whatnot and how much it worth to carve a dam tree stump into an eagle I just blow some smoke and retort " Pablo Picasso ain't got #### on me".

A friend just told me that when you put wooden fence post set in concrete it makes them rot faster than just in the ground and tamped.

A friend just told me that when you put wooden fence post set in concrete it makes them rot faster than just in the ground and tamped.

That's true because the concrete forms a cylinder around the wood and keeps it wet all of the time since water has nowhere to go. If you put the bottom of the post in the ground and fill in a few inches of crushed stone before the concrete the hole will drain and keep the post from sitting in water. This will greatly prolong the life of the post.

That's true because the concrete forms a cylinder around the wood and keeps it wet all of the time since water has nowhere to go. If you put the bottom of the post in the ground and fill in a few inches of crushed stone before the concrete the hole will drain and keep the post from sitting in water. This will greatly prolong the life of the post.

Ahh. I see. I was wondering cause they have to build decks with post set in crete below the frost line. And I would think if sunk in plain soil it would never dry anyway.

Latest posts

Back