Two Houses, One Pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xi_bowhunter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am wondering if it is possible to heat two houses with one pump on my cb 5036? My cb is 60ft from my main house heating 2500 sq ft and domestic water. My other house is 40ft from my main house and is 900 sq ft. What I would like to do is domestic water and forced air in main house and then just forced air in the other. Is there a way to run to both houses in the same loop with one pump?

How about if I run it thru a manifold? No one lives in the other house. Just want to keep it warm enough so the pipes don't freeze. Each house would have its own thermostat.

How about if I run it thru a manifold? No one lives in the other house. Just want to keep it warm enough so the pipes don't freeze. Each house would have its own thermostat.

If each house would have it's own stat, I think you would want two pumps.

I am wondering if it is possible to heat two houses with one pump on my cb 5036? My cb is 60ft from my main house heating 2500 sq ft and domestic water. My other house is 40ft from my main house and is 900 sq ft. What I would like to do is domestic water and forced air in main house and then just forced air in the other. Is there a way to run to both houses in the same loop with one pump?

I don't see a problem with it at all. As long as you are using your t-stats to turn on the forced air fans it should work. The pump would be moving water all the time. If the first house is calling for heat the second one would just heat up a little slower, but that would just happen if both were calling for heat at the same time.
As long as the pump can handle it, I don't see a problem.

That is what I would like to do. Go to radiator in first house, come out of that one to the second house and have the return line from there back to the stove. Don't need a lot of heat in second house. Hate paying for propane in second house when I don't need that much heat. Figure the water would be warm enough to keep 50-60 degrees. Have a thermostat in second house to regulate temp to keep it in the 50-60 range.

i know for a fact it works fine, it just needs a little larger pump. My father in law has a heatmor 400 and he heats two houses and hot water in both as well and then he has a seperate pump for the pole barn. Therefore he has two pumps and three buildings!

force,

that is what I want to do. 3 buildings, 2 pumps. The pump I am running now is the larger one for longer distance. Can I send you a private message if I have any questions? See we are both in Michigan.

Back