Ultimate Saw Race

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotax Robert

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Nov. 30th 2002 in Cumberland Washington....Here is the race to end all races....We are racing all classes, 2,4,5,6 cube and 8 & over ... Stock appearing and Piped....Also will be the open class (one cylinder, pull start saws)

Then the Unlimited Saws...Predator V8 and American Maid V6 Nitrous.

The first entries are Ronda, Suzy, Gypo, Hotsaw Bill, Greg, Jim, Easty Joe & Rotax

Camping Available on site

does anybody do these shows in the southeast.personnaly i like the stock appearing. believe i could make a little change here locally ,with the rite saw.

Sounds like fun Robert, what part of the state is that?............. let me see Portland is 12hrs or a 12 pack give or take................. Hmmmmmm.......... wonder if Ken is doing anything.........

The Ultimate Saw Race huh? Well if it includes furniture, blocks of ice and a side of beef...I am in!!
Maybe this time, nothing will happen and I can make it down there.
Should I bring carbide chain for cutting through furniture??

Hey Robert, I'll be there! I reserve the Enumclaw condo though!
That is great that Dennis is coming, he can bring my 357XPG with him, thats if its not in Lou's truck, however, he'll prolly get out of it by saying he has sent it already. Dennis, dont forget the bar and chain, K?
John

John...I can bring it or I can ship it...as its ready to roll...let me know what you want...and what bar and chain?

Robert...I dont want to be sleeping in no trailer anywhere near Gypo and Cinn....nor George...cause I heard him snoring in the hotel from my house...dont blame ya for getting your own room.

Oh yeah...John has to promise to keep his clothes on too...

Not a problem with accomadations, hotel, Motel, tent or hay lofts...we can set you up.

Ronda (my wife) and Suzy (Gypo's future wife) will square off in the chair cutting contest...Both will use the same saw and chain.
The saw will be a (Eager Beaver) stock appearing with 224 deg. exhaust port timming.

Then for the big boys, I heard Dennis is comming down to run the Predator with me while Gypo lets loose with my Rotax on the other end of the log.

Also I might mention that Gypo and Rotax Robert will square-off in a chain sharpening contest to settle who is the best. Gypo says says he can sharpen a chain in 90 seconds and I say I can do it in a minute and a half...stay tuned for the pics.

Hi Robert this is a great diversion for sure, and thanks for having us.
I got no bush anyway, and things are liking watching paint dry here in Ontario, and I hate my freakin Landlord, but the saws are movin and I miss CG, so get your saws filed up, cause I'm pullin ancor, so get the beverages chilled and rossin up the bow, cause its all gonna happen when I pull into town.
Frank's Planks

Last edited:
Gypo,
It's already said and Dunn...Saws are sharp, logs are ready and the beer is cold... Even our favorite singer (Archie) may show up for a song or two. And for those of you who can't make it; we'll I guess we'll just have to post pics.

Looks like I get to fire up the Predator again, Dennis says he is going to try and make it down for the race.

Gypo and Rotax are having a Chain-Race....5 minutes per side, 10 minutes total time to sharpen a new stock chain, then we will race our chains on the same saw and bar for time, (thanks for the info Art)

Another confirmed Saw, The "American Maid" Nitrous V6 is showing up for a showdown. So far we have the Predator, American Maid and my 325 Rotax in the Unlimited class.

We also have two entries in the stock appearing Eager Beaver class. Rotax Ronda and Cinn. Girl with a few others Possibly mustering up the courage to enter.

Fish! I thought we had an understanding that you would not "out" me here at AS! I am so disappointed. Russ

Russ! Is that really you? If so, you're doing a very poor job of her.
Please send me her password and I will do her justice.
John

Whoever is Beavergirl, I think it is funny they are pestering this
poor woman to pose with a saw or two for a pic, she must
think it is funny. Maybe it is Walt, and she is his granddaughter,
with a good sense of humor

Well...its all said and done...I will be leaving town by 5pm for the 8 hour drive to Roberts on Friday afternoon...uhoh...best be getting some beverages cold Robert...fire up the heater in the Barage....

oh yeah...tell Lambert to practice sharpening...

Yeah, Dennis...just get down here. I have some new port timing figures to show you as well as a trick we do on the transfer ports .

Arborists, ..........now we will have GYPO, GREFFARD AND ROTAX settling something, but we dont know what yet, ....

Gypo just flew in to SEATAC and Suzy picked him up 4 hrs late due to the fact that Gypo was packing a fresh set of chain files and no clothes and could not get out of customs.

Dennis should show up at 11pm Friday night with one of his lady friends. (she will clear customs before Dennis does) Dennis is packing to many souped up saws.

Any way, pics/vids just may be taken of this show, so stay tuned.

Robert,
I talked to Dennis last night and it looks like I'm going to owe you 2 bucks. If we keep this up, by Clearwater next year you'll have enough from me to bail yourself out of jail. Let's see: At the current exchange rate of 1.54, $345 CDN would be exactly $224 US. Yeah, that's about right!

Latest posts

Back