Unique nautical climbing opportunity at TCI in November in Baltimore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I live in NJ, I am FROM Wisconsin. I was born in Okinawa, Japan, but I am FROM Wisconsin. Hence, I will remain NickFROMWI.

Excitement from seeing a barn, or reminiscence caused by the smell of manure are signs that Wisconsinness may be a permanent part of your life. Every time I drink a glass of milk. I pour a little on the ground for my "homies!"

Cheese, yogurt, ice cream, butter, milk, pudding and cheese make up a substantial part of my diet. I am FROM WI.

I especially like Colby cheese. It's from Colby, WI, you know?

Okay, enough. I rest my case.

love
nick

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
The last time I saw the Constellation it was pacing us(Enterprise) in the Gulf Of Tonkin. Any of you young 'uns ever hear of that swimming hole? ;)
Oh yeah, some politicians made a Resolution about that and it wasn't even New Years.
This old un never went over there, tho he was invited. Drafted in 68 (illegally) but went to court and beat it.
Was that the same Constellation? A sailing boat sent to beat Uncle Ho and the VC? Huh?:confused:

Nah, Guy, I was joking. It was actually the aircraft carrier.

It was a cool sight to see. Even though I was on a carrier, I never got to see one underway before. It was flanking us to starboard, ond only about a thousand feet away. It was sloppy, though. It had smokestacks bellowing. We were cleaner, we were nuclear.

USS%20Enterprise%20(CVN%2065).jpg

Final arrangements for CONSTELLATION climb

Thank you all for your interest in the nautical climb aboard USS CONSTELLATION in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. The ship is just 4-5 blocks east of the Convention Center on Pratt Street. If you go to the harbor area, it's the largest and most prominently displayed sailing ship there (barring no tall ships coming in in the next week).

There are now two groups, the main one from 2:00-5:30 on Friday, and a smaller group that couldn't make Friday, coming aboard Tuesday from 2:30 to 5:30.

In both cases, you should be able to go to the ticket window and say that you're an Arborist or with the TCI Expo and get in for $5.50. No reservations or sign-ups are necessary. I'll be on the ship on Friday for sure, but Tuesday's still iffy, as I'm supposed to be in a work-related class. I might be able to get out early, however. If there's any problems, and I'm not available, ask to see the Restoration Manager, Paul Powichroski, who gave me the go ahead for this. If you have any questions and time's running out, call me at home at 410-659-6139 or on my cellphone, which I'll have on starting Monday, at 410-979-0989. You can also try me at work at 410-659-6139.

Looking forward to seeing folks on the ship.

-Kevin

Unique nautical climbing opportunity

Tom Dunlapif you liked that Masters and Commanders look for the A&E Horatio Hornblower 6 or so movies following a midshipman through his life on a tall ship of the line I did not see how OLD this was still good movies

Last edited:
Back