Unknown bush\tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda Moffitt

Reaction score
I was riding my horse around my house last week and I ran across a fruit bearing bush\tree I've never seen before. I live in Upper East Tennessee.
The " Bush " has thorns about 1" to 2" long. I didn't see any leaves on it, but it was really green. It is taller than I was on horseback.
The fruit is the color between lemon and orange. It has seeds and the skin like a lemon. But the skin also has a light fuzz like a peach and smells sweet. It's about the size of a green walnut.
I know this is not a lemon tree because I grew up in S. California.
Any leads will be greatly appreciated! It's been driving me crazy!

:blob2: This is me going bonkers

Has to be some kind of citrus????? There is a cow field I know of that has hundreds and hundreds of these trees(bushes)12-15 feet at the most,all along its borders,Do the cows eat them?I do not know,I tasted one and threw it down quickly,...........there is a citrus tree I hear folks call a Sasanqua????Treeclimber165 and Treeman14 may know more about this one.

Thanks Monkeypuzzle, Jay and Brett.
It's a Hardy-orange! It's a pretty, twisted, interesting shrub. I'm going to try to grow a few from the seeds.
The website was informative,and I found a few other sites with alot of info, too. I'm kind of confused about one thing, though. A couple of sites said that they are poisonous and a few said they were not. Any input?

Thanks again
Linda
:cool: That's me beside my cool little tree

Latest posts

Back