update and some big pines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redoak

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I last was on the site in July, so time for an update for all of you at arboristsite. Here are some pics of my project here in NH. The sills are all in place for the barn, posts are ready for joinery, and the tie beams, plates, and main rafters are still inside the pines. The butt logs are 16" diameter on the bottom 13" at 20'. I have a few more to drop then I've got to rig up my CSM to mill them to 8"x8"x20'. Bought a tractor to help move things around, what a joy compared to peavey and levering!

-redoak

Hi all,

I last was on the site in July, so time for an update for all of you at arboristsite. Here are some pics of my project here in NH. The sills are all in place for the barn, posts are ready for joinery, and the tie beams, plates, and main rafters are still inside the pines. The butt logs are 16" diameter on the bottom 13" at 20'. I have a few more to drop then I've got to rig up my CSM to mill them to 8"x8"x20'. Bought a tractor to help move things around, what a joy compared to peavey and levering!

-redoak
I assume you don't live at this site as you are building it. Do you keep that tractor there on site when you are not there? If so, curious if you have any problem with vandalism.

Keep us posted, I like seeing pics of a progressing job like that one.

The property is off a shared driveway, so my neighbors keep a good eye on things. I'll defintely post pictures of the CSM working those 20' tie beams. I've got a plan on how to set up the rails, with any luck it will work and be of value to someone else. I also have a bunch of joists and purlins to mill out of the smaller logs, just taking a single slab off of them. I've got a plan for that too that I'll share as soon as it gets out of my head and into the woods.

So many plans, so few weekends! Getting cold up here too...

-p

Back