UPDATE : Looking for a reasonable price for tree work(Central Maryland)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
To: ddhlakeboy, treemd, ax-man, teamtree, memetic and everyone else that got all butt-hurt at my simply asking for a fair price to drop a forked tulip poplar over a springhouse. http://www.arboristsite.com/community/conversations/locked-thread.44947/ I expanded my job to include 2 more trees one was an 80' Norway spruce 4' dia. at the base and a non fruit bearing mulberry that was maybe 40' at it's highest point. Both of these trees were right next to the house and posed potential damage to electric entrance cables plus roadside telephone lines. My first two quotes were for the spruce only, one was $850.00 the other....... $2850.00 !!!:eek: Next, I decide to try a website that screens their providers and customers leave honest feedback for them after the work is completed. (HomeAdvisor) Two tree services were recommended in my area. I decided to get a price for all three trees and just see what would happen. Be advised, ALL of the companies were fully licensed and insured to operate in my state. (MD) The quotes for the 3 tree job came in at $1850.00 & $1650.00 I GLADLY accepted the $1650.00 contract on the spot. A professional climber and two ground workers showed up at 8:30, had the mulberry and the spruce on the ground by 12:00-12:30, then they addressed the "infamous" tulip poplar that had so many of you ladies swooning and seizing. 2.5 hours later the guys were in their trucks and headed out to celebrate cinco de mayo ! FWIW, the climber didn't use ascenders, a waist strap and spikes on his boots were all he needed and used. When I asked what the poplar would have cost by itself.................wait for it.......... I was told around $400.00-$450.00 ! Vindication is GOOD !!! ;) PS: anyone have an ignition module that'll fit my beloved old CS440EVL ????

You're bragging that it took you five and a half years to get a tree cut down?

To: ddhlakeboy, treemd, ax-man, teamtree, memetic and everyone else that got all butt-hurt at my simply asking for a fair price to drop a forked tulip poplar over a springhouse....... Vindication is GOOD !!! ;)

I bolded it.

To come back 5 years and 7 months later to update a post to people that don't even post here seems odd to me. It did provide me with some amusement at work.

I bolded it.

To come back 5 years and 7 months later to update a post to people that don't even post here seems odd to me. It did provide me with some amusement at work.
Well, that's fantastic ! Have a great weekend ! FWIW, my statement (bolded by you, thanks) was merely my opinion on the state of being vindicated from unwarranted accusations and off-the-wall personal attacks. The posters in question do still seem to be active members, BTW... Funny that they've not been heard from, huh ? ;)

Well, that's fantastic ! Have a great weekend ! FWIW, my statement (bolded by you, thanks) was merely my opinion on the state of being vindicated from unwarranted accusations and off-the-wall personal attacks. The posters in question do still seem to be active members, BTW... Funny that they've not been heard from, huh ? ;)

It's likely that nobody really cares about your trees or gloating. They might see you as another home owner that thinks he knows better than us tree guys that do it for a living. Or they just might not remember. I'd bet on both. You should probably drop it and move on to another forum that you can hassle people on. Like a contractors forum where you can ask questions about a kitchen renovation them give Em s**t 5 years later when you finally get it done.

No biggie to me, just seemed odd to me that you came here for professional advice, scoffed at it, then posted about your great savings 5 years later. I applaud your patience and thriftiness. Like I said, your post brought me amusement, and it was a nice throwback to see names that havent been active in the care forums in years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Back