upgrade 024 av wood boss to Dolmar 5100?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosegunner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have someone that will buy my 024 for $175. I don't really need to sell it but I am thinking that it might be a good time to sell since it is getting older.

Think it is worth while to sell now and get a 50cc saw?

How much of a difference is there really between the 024 and a 5100 or a 346xp?

I am thinking it might help my firewood elbow if I don't use my Dolmar 120 quite as much.

gg

$175 is very strong money for an 024. You can buy 026's all day long for that here. Be advised that you will probably have to sink some money into anything you buy used. 346 seems to be the favorite around here. I have run neither it or the 5100. You might consider a Stihl 211 also.

SELL SELL SELL

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

(Note the difference-thats my CAD)

Good money for an 024. Consider a 260 or an Efco 152.

i have run a 5100 for several hours and it is a nice saw. i did not care for the feel of the saw when i was limbing. the weight was 12lbs for the powerhead alone.
i just bought a 346 and i will tell you i love this saw. it is 11lb 6oz, PHO, but it handles nicely and has plenty of power for limbing and felling anything up to about 10". i modded the muffler and it makes a good bit of difference. it will be my primary saw for anything less than 16-18". the weight and handling make up for any loss of power as opposed to a 361 or 262.
you will be taking a pretty good jump up from the 024 with either. i own a muffler modded 026 and it is not close to the 346 in power, though it is lighter.

Latest posts

Back