Upgrades

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mtrees

mtrees

ArboristSite Guru
Bull ####. He was looking for info on getting saws ported/modded, not asking for help from members to donate a few parts to a worthy cause. As such, whether he has a lot of money or not is moot, and saying he has the money to pay for the mods is like golden honey on sourdough toast for people who do that kind of modding for a living. :)

You went off on him for no good reason. He deserved much better than he got from you. Admit it. Own it. Then move on from it.

Don't know what's gone on in this thread after the post I quoted. Didn't feel like reading through all the stuff, so maybe things have settled down a bit. Probably so. AS is a great place to be. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope the OP has a blast with his modded saws. Brad, Randy, Scott (tree monkey) and Tree Sling'r all have great reputations on here. I got my 660 ported, milled and muffler modded from Tree Sling'r, and that's the screamingest woods ported saw I have ever run. The only other one who has done porting work for me so far is an AS member who does it for love, not money, and shall remain nameless.

OP, all the saws on your list will gain through porting/muff modding. And don't worry about the autotune saws. Some guys here have ported them with really good results. :)

Thank you!!! I really was just trying to get on touch with some folks. I didn't intend it to take the turn it did.

blsnelling
...you need to get a Husky 390xp and have it ported they are just amazing to hear run the sound of a well ported 390xp doing it's thing will put a smile on any motor heads face let alone the way it just pulls it's way through the hardest of hardwood like butter.

P.S. Trade the MS660 on a 390xp you will not regret it. Then have it ported and you will thank me.

I agree. I did the same. A ported 390 is a beautiful thing:rock:

mtrees

mtrees

ArboristSite Guru
Big shout out to Brad for not only porting my 460, but also fixing it when an issue came up. It is back in PA and it is just Awesome!!!

I couldn't be happier
Thank you Brad