used bucket trucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawmart

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was looking at used bucket trucks on the net through tree traders there are a few that look nice and cheep 32-36k ,Any one out there ever buy one of these the one i was looking at is an International hi-rangers the ones that are that lime green colour(what company is that) with a 444e diesel .
it was from a used dealer in Ill. (Schmidys) . just looking for some info.

Thanks
Lawmart

Down here, Lime green is municipal, but it could be different where you are. its high visibility though, think of that from a marketing point of view. if people are likely to look at it, they're likely to notice who owns/operates it, and possibly call them when that persons service is needed.

all of schmidys trucks are x-nelson trucks.
I personally hate the tripple 4E engine, it's rated at 190hp(at least the ones nelson bought). no power.
-Ralph

The 444E is not really enough power for that truck. It is about like installing a 6 cyl. engine in a 3/4 ton pickup. Ok for getting down the road, but really struggles with any type of load. That engine is the same as the 7.3 ford Powerstroke diesel.
Since it is undersize, it has probably been worked pretty hard and may be getting tired. I would look for a truck of that type with the DT466 engine. Now, that DT466 is a real workhorse, and can run for many years with minimal care and maint.

I would agree about the 444e is small for that weight but it would seem that all the truck have that configuration or gas and i would not even think in that area. i will look some more for the 446.
I have a 1989 f700 with straight 6, with lr50 boom, she getting pretty old a couple of years left and she will be retired.
I try to keep my eyes open for some good deals.

Lawmart

Bucket sale

I would take an offer on my 92 top kick with lr 3 altec lift. Its got a 366 fuel injected enging and a nice pony moter . Its in almost perfect shape w/ 65k.Very good rubber as well.

Back