• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Used chains, never sharpened

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a bunch of used chains from a saw rental company. Chains were changed out every time the saws came back. Most chains are in quite good condition, only needing a stroke or three to be ready to go. A few, the distinct minority, will need more than a couple strokes but will still have 80-90% of their life left.

The chains come in two flavors. Some are Carlton A1 3/8" .050" 72DL. The picture shows an example of the good (top) and not so good (bottom). I'm asking $45 for 5, $150 for 18, shipping included.
P1010970.jpg

The other chains are Carlton N1-BL 3/8" LP .050 57DL. Same deal with the pics, good on top. I'm asking $55 for 7, $300 for 42, shipping included. If the drive link count is a problem, I can shorten ($1 per chain) or lengthen ($2 per chain) per your needs.
P1010971.jpg

I'm open to trade offers and sales of smaller quantities but the per unit cost will be bit higher to cover shipping.

I have a bunch of used chains from a saw rental company. Chains were changed out every time the saws came back. Most chains are in quite good condition, only needing a stroke or three to be ready to go. A few, the distinct minority, will need more than a couple strokes but will still have 80-90% of their life left.

The chains come in two flavors. Some are Carlton A1 3/8" .050" 72DL. The picture shows an example of the good (top) and not so good (bottom). I'm asking $45 for 5, $150 for 18, shipping included.
View attachment 340988

The other chains are Carlton N1-BL 3/8" LP .050 57DL. Same deal with the pics, good on top. I'm asking $55 for 7, $300 for 42, shipping included.
View attachment 340989

I'm open to trade offers and sales of smaller quantities but the per unit cost will be bit higher to cover shipping.

Hello,
I am also interested in 5 of the "Good Condition", (as opposed to the " Not so Good Condition") 20" 3/8 .050 Carlton A1(top pictured) Chains. Question though- all of the chains appear to be of the "Safety" flavor- extra Depth Gauges (Raker Teeth). Can you please confirm/clarify if they are or are not. Thank you, Scott

Hello,
I am also interested in 5 of the "Good Condition", (as opposed to the " Not so Good Condition") 20" 3/8 .050 Carlton A1(top pictured) Chains. Question though- all of the chains appear to be of the "Safety" flavor- extra Depth Gauges (Raker Teeth). Can you please confirm/clarify if they are or are not. Thank you, Scott
Scott,
As Stihl Livin observed, the chains are from saw rentals, thus safety chain.
Also, I am not sorting the chains. My point with the pictures is that even the "not so good" chains are in quite good shape. The majority (80% or more) of the chains are in very good condition.
Charlie

Scott,
As Stihl Livin observed, the chains are from saw rentals, thus safety chain.
Also, I am not sorting the chains. My point with the pictures is that even the "not so good" chains are in quite good shape. The majority (80% or more) of the chains are in very good condition.
Charlie

Charlie,
Thanks for the clarification- I stopped using Safety chains a long time ago and so I'm going to pass as a result. Just the same, you are offering a great deal- especially at the price for anyone that uses Low-Kickback chains. Good luck with the sale- Regards, Scott

Back