used chipper knives for bandit 1590 and vermeer bc1800

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont sharpen my knives. i just flip them, then put new ones in..never have to go through the bullsh*t of adjusting the anvil

i dont sharpen my knives. i just flip them, then put new ones in..never have to go through the bullsh*t of adjusting the anvil

it has been my understanding that they anvil needs adjustment everytime they are flipped? atleast thats what my Bandit dealer has always told me

thats not my understanding lol.. my bandit has close to 1500 hours, the anvil has never been touched . chips perfect. small chips all day long. i sold the bc1800 with 2200 hours. never adjusted the anvil..i change my knives once a week, thats to much drama to adjust the anvil and all

The anvil doesn't need to be adjusted as long as the blades used are of consistant distance from the center of the bolt holes to the edge of the knife.

That said you still need to check your anvil. All the wood is cut against the anvil. The edge of the anvil gets rounded and should be flipped.

You may have forgotten how great your chipper worked when new.

Back