Used wood stoves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brown2501

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Been reading for a couple years now. Why don't we have a used wood stove for sale forum?? I would think AS people would be the most onist sellers. I am looking my self and do not really trust CR.

Well I would think that its because most of us use a stove till its not useable anymore.

By CR i think you ment Craigslist dont be afraid of it. You might have to sort through the junk but you can find good ones out there. I was looking for a small stove to use as an insert in my living room fire place. It took about 2 months but i finally found a nice small Avalon stove the best part it was 10 min from my house. People bought it brand new 10 years ago or so and used it maybe 10 times they said. It came with about 6 feet of stainless flex liner. Paid $200 for the package and now have been using for the last 3 years. I sold the flex liner for $200 on CL because the size of my flue I had to go all the way to the top. The flex liner alone cost me $600.

I see your in mass search the new hampshire and rhode island CL there is a guy on one of them that sells reconditioned stoves for a good price. I know a few people that have bought from him and been very happy.

Not to drag out the grammar police but I assume by "onist" you mean honest.
Honest has become a relative term today. Aside from a oxymoron like honest politician I think we all have developed a tendency toward lying. You could blame it on many things, from Bill Clinton, to the legal system, the destruction of the family unit, removing God from schools, corruption on every level, our online society, lack of face to face dealings, or any number of other things, but the truth is at some level all of us have some amount of greed. Greed is such an ugly word though so lets call it self-preservation.

Now today self-preservation can boil down to several things. Lets forget about death and imprisonment for a moment and think about what we really need to survive today. In modern culture the only thing that we really need to survive is money. Somehow we have been lead to believe that in order to get more money, i.e. "get ahead" we have to overcome our fellow man. And this has become a race to deceive the other guy so you can get his money. Who among us has not fallen prey to this "get them before they get you" way of thinking. Has anyone here not misled someone? For example when you sold your old truck and you told the buyer that you had took good care of it, but never mentioned how many times you overloaded that truck to save one more trip to haul firewood home. Or when you told your girlfriend's dad that your intentions toward his daughter were honorable. Or maybe that last post on an online forum when you stretched the truth just a little or maybe just flat out made up a lie. But you figure "It's online and no one knows who I am so I can get away with it." The truth is we all are a little dishonest from time to time. I am not saying this to take anything away from the guys here at AS because I have found it to be a good place for honest information, but at the same time it is an open forum and anyone can join. Just like anyone can post something on craigslist, we get the occasional nutcase on AS that gives bad advice and could post a piece of junk in the classifieds claiming it was the best thing ever. But it is still up to you to make sure that you are getting what you think you are and not believing it just because it is here instead of craigslist or any other site.

Sorry if I have derailed your post a bit because you have a good idea for an addition to the classifieds section. I am just saying it will still be buyer beware. Don't trust anything online. Check the facts and make your own decision.

Back