Using A Digital Camera On Views

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
WE WERE TALKING ABOUT USING A DIGITAL CAMERA WHEN DOING A VIEW. THIS WOULD ALLOW YOU TO SEE WHAT IS GOING ON. ALSO IT WOULD ALLOW YOU TO CORRECT MISTAKES YOU MAKE OR THINGS YOU NEED TO IMPROVE ON. THIS WOULD ALLOW YOU TO TEACH NEW CLIMBERS ABOUT VIEWS AND SHOW CUSTOMERS THE DIFFERENT ANGLES YOU CAN GO ABOUT DOING A VIEW. A VISUAL IS SOME TIMES A GREATER TOOL THAN ALL THE WORDS YOU CAN SAY. WHAT DO YA'LL THINK??

We've used cameras a few times to "remind" the customer
of how the tree/trees looked like before the pruning.
Please don't use capitals only, it is considered shouting.

Hey Froggy , been using digital cameras on large spread oaks, sycamores etc, take a picture , put it on Kodak image. delete the limbs , fill in the background, show the customer what the tree's going to look like, just make sure before you spend all this time on P.C to tell them to expect the invoice. Only problem is it only becomes possible occasionally depending on density of tree.....Jock

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

GOOD!

I use my digicam on defects I find in a tree while working. Let the client know what I saw so they can keep records, maybe inform their customer as to what was seen, especialy if there is significant increase of risk (I'll let otheres use the H word).

When doing veiws, or vista pruning, I'druther have a person in the primary veiwing area with a walkie-talkie comunicating on each cut. "Open it up a little more to your left, not that twig coming down from 11 o'clock.

There are a few lake bluff jobs that I have come out on every year for the past 3-4. Gotta have the patio clear so they can see the reggata!

Latest posts

Back