Vermeer BC700XL throttle issue!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoofMonkey

Reaction score
Back after a 6 year absence! I was a building superintendent for a while and that was fun but I love the heights. Getting back into climbing.

Newly auction purchased, Sunbelt rental, Vermeer 700 with Kohler 25 that starts and tries to throttle up. As it reaches top throttle, the engine light lights solid and it revs back down, then repeats. Some cycles it revs all the way down to just above idle, and other times it only revs down a few hundred before trying again. It wants to try, but then something prevents it. I did see the feed wheel move just briefly so it did reach max RPM.

Bad fuel pump? Sensor kicking it off? What are your thoughts?

If you all are thinking of purchasing a unit from GOV planet or Iron planet, bid about half of what you would have. The "Inspection" they do is rigged, as is the bidding process. What a scam.

Check out section 5 of the engine service manual.

Problem with auction units, buyer has no clue about the service history.

Attachments

• Service Manual CH18 - 25.pdf
    12.6 MB · Views: 0
It's unfortunate to hear about your negative experience with auction sites. While not always the case, scams and misleading practices can occur. Always take bids with a grain of salt and do your own due diligence before buying.

I would replace the electric fuel pump and replace the connector for the fuel pump with a sealed automotive style. Of course your filter, and maybe do the fuel line from electric pump to the vacuum fuel pump. Just did this on a bc900. Would run then have fuel starvation.

Latest posts

Back