Vermeer bc935

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sir1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just saw a Vermeer BC935 pop up for sale in my area.
Engine tag says it conforms to all 1998 EPA regs. Not sure year.
285 hours on the Perkins 50 horse diesel.
Looks very clean.

What is it worth?
Its rated @ 9" brush. Is that good for a starting chipper?
Read somewhere the cutters on this model maybe 45 deg or 90 degrees? Is this right? Tnx

It's what I started with. Sounds like the same year. Disk cuts at 90*. I have 1600 hours on mine, less than 100 hrs on new Perkins diesel, new bearings all around. I'm thinking of putting mine up for $12,500. I will add that there highly wanted in the big city to the north of me. What's he asking for it?

It's what I started with. Sounds like the same year. Disk cuts at 90*. I have 1600 hours on mine, less than 100 hrs on new Perkins diesel, new bearings all around. I'm thinking of putting mine up for $12,500. I will add that there highly wanted in the big city to the north of me. What's he asking for it?

Its an auction. Its at about 9k prebid. Auction is today. Ill update what it goes for.

I have a 935 that we use daily. I really like it better than my vermeer 1220. I wish I had bought it instead of a Bc625 when I started. We have to cut up a few more crotches with the 935 vs the 1220 but not that many. It still does really good as long as the knives are sharp.

They are ok on small stuff. Make nice chips, but pretty much good for trim work only. If you keep the single top infeed roller sharp it will pull brushy stuff a little better.

I think of them as better than a 6" unit by about 3"

If you are doing removals you will be crying for a bigger chipper. Most of the time they are way over priced for what they are. Seem to always go for 9k to 3K. Value wise they are only worth about 6k

Mr. HE:cool:

Back