Vermeer Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psmith0803

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Vermeer still locking parts to dealer only in 2023? I did not realize that could still be a thing. I need to source some parts that I'm sure are not available in generic form. Assuming that is the case, are there better chippers to own as far as parts availability is concerned? Been thinking about an upgrade anyways.

are there better chippers to own as far as parts availability is concerned? Been thinking about an upgrade anyways.
anythings better than a vermeer! (someone had to say it)
my local CAT dealer sells/services Brush Bandit, see if yours does, my 250XP hasn't given me any fits besides the typical drippy bandit valves and the tach quit working, needs its third tach that I'm aware of in 21 years, not bad, had autofeed plus factory, then the LOR system that's in it now, I'm about to go back to autofeed plus

also it seems you can order bandit parts online fairly easy, although the only "bandit" parts are custom frame pieces, feed wheels and disk/drum, even the "custom" pieces can be made at any fab shop for pretty cheap, hydraulics are at the hydro store, engine parts are wherever the engines are sold and everything else is McMaster-Carr basically, the Vermeer chippers seem to have lots of "custom" body panels and stuff, bandit and morbark are super simple designs that just don't break

I have looked at a few ALTEC chippers, they were built super stout but im yet to run one

Anyone with any experience with the 1250a? I'm trying to break down the moveable feed wheel side and it's all just stuck. The drive motor will not release, I've removed the taper lock from the bottom of the feed roller and cannot get anything to move there. I've pried, beat and used hydraulics at ever spot I can fit something......I have the whole feed assembly out it seems like they designed it to be broken down and repaired as an assembly ?

Back