VERMEER SC252 POWER LOSS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the machine a couple of months ago. Put about 60 hrs on it so far. I grease bearings every couple of hours. 2 or 3 shots. I ground a stump today, took about 2 hours, 5 ft. Diameter lychee tree. After about 15 minutes I checked the cutter wheel bearings and the two bearings above those ( jack shaft bearings?). The were fine to touch, not to hot. When I was done with the stump they were Hot. Guess its time to change them or is that normal after 2 hours of operation?
The top ones run a bit more hot than the bottom bearings, shoot a temp gun at them and see what you got. As far as the slow grinding I would say sharpen or put new teeth.

Thinking of trying only 4 teeth method (2 pairs of teeth on opposite sides of the wheel). Anyone tried this? Any problems?

Can anyone tell me how you setup the 4 teeth system on the sc252? I have no idea how this can be done without getting the machine out of balance. Anyone has done this successfully?

Nothing is more important on a low hp machine than sharp teeth imo...

I had a sc252 at one time, it was a good machine, but I can't emphasize enough the need for
sharp teeth, or it will bog down, prematurely wear out your belts and bearings, hope this helps..

Bob.....:barbecue:

Back