VERMEER SC252 POWER LOSS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lone wolf
I got the machine a couple of months ago. Put about 60 hrs on it so far. I grease bearings every couple of hours. 2 or 3 shots. I ground a stump today, took about 2 hours, 5 ft. Diameter lychee tree. After about 15 minutes I checked the cutter wheel bearings and the two bearings above those ( jack shaft bearings?). The were fine to touch, not to hot. When I was done with the stump they were Hot. Guess its time to change them or is that normal after 2 hours of operation?
The top ones run a bit more hot than the bottom bearings, shoot a temp gun at them and see what you got. As far as the slow grinding I would say sharpen or put new teeth.

Arboristo

Arboristo

ArboristSite Member
Thinking of trying only 4 teeth method (2 pairs of teeth on opposite sides of the wheel). Anyone tried this? Any problems?

Can anyone tell me how you setup the 4 teeth system on the sc252? I have no idea how this can be done without getting the machine out of balance. Anyone has done this successfully?

OLD MAN GRINDER

OLD MAN GRINDER

ArboristSite Operative
Nothing is more important on a low hp machine than sharp teeth imo...

I had a sc252 at one time, it was a good machine, but I can't emphasize enough the need for
sharp teeth, or it will bog down, prematurely wear out your belts and bearings, hope this helps..

Bob.....:barbecue: