Vermeer SC30TX track problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rancilio

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,
Once my Vermeer SC30TX gets warm, only 5min into use, my right side track stops working. Google tells me that it is probably overheating, but I cannot find any info to trouble shoot or narrow down the problem. Dealer said its probably needs a pump to the time of $1200 pump, and maybe 3-4hrs at $130/hr.
Can you help me figure out the problem? Or suggest a less expensive alternative pump?
Thank you.

Hello,
Once my Vermeer SC30TX gets warm, only 5min into use, my right side track stops working. Google tells me that it is probably overheating, but I cannot find any info to trouble shoot or narrow down the problem. Dealer said its probably needs a pump to the time of $1200 pump, and maybe 3-4hrs at $130/hr.
Can you help me figure out the problem? Or suggest a less expensive alternative pump?
Thank you.
Yikes.

First try liberally cleaning out your radiator, cleaning out the tracks, and looking closely at the pump.

I've had similar issues and that fixed it.

It's also worth finding a go getter mechanic who isn't the dealer.

is it running the spec'd hydraulic fluid? drain the fluid, replace filters, and replace fluid with what the manual recommends
since its only the one side, that motor probably had some gunk in it at some point and is now leaking by once the fluid gets hot and thin, like mike said, clean the hydraulic cooler, with fresh filters, fluid and clean cooler you will have the best cooling and flow possible, if the issue persists then its probably the drive motor itself that needs rebuilt

Latest posts

Back