Vertical Mini-mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would seem that it's progress down the rods could be irratic, if he added some bushings, 3" or so, then it would track down much nicer. Otherwise, for a hobbyist that doesn't need long lumber it's fine.

I like the secondary uses.:cheers:

I agree... interesting, but just picturing it going down that little log and tracking strait without wobble etc... seems like it wouldn't happen. If I went to all the trouble to design and build a resaw/milling jig I think I would keep it horizontal. I just think it would be more stable all around.

But hey... to each his own, that's what makes the world an interesting place.

Living with nature the North Americam way

This system is not a new idea at all, I will explain,

Back in the days of old there were a tribe of Canadian indians who did just this, instead of cutting down the whole tree, they believed that it was wrong to kill a tree, and instead of cutting it down, they used to take off what they needed by splicing down the tree with stone wedges, when they came back to the area some years later the tree was still growing.

I have tried this method using my Rail-O-Matic set up, I took two decent sized boards from the oak and the tree is still alive ten years later it will eventually die I guess, but will produce many thousands of seed until it does, which is better than non at all if I had cut it down completely, they really did live with nature those old North American peoples.

Latest posts

Back