Vintage Saw Auction Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
Here are some pictures from a vintage saw auction I was at today.

Attachments

• CIMG0700.JPG
    CIMG0700.JPG
    876.9 KB · Views: 1
  • CIMG0701.JPG
    CIMG0701.JPG
    950.2 KB · Views: 0
  • CIMG0702.JPG
    CIMG0702.JPG
    779.5 KB · Views: 0
  • CIMG0703.JPG
    CIMG0703.JPG
    725.5 KB · Views: 0
  • CIMG0704.JPG
    CIMG0704.JPG
    910.8 KB · Views: 0
  • CIMG0705.JPG
    CIMG0705.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • CIMG0706.JPG
    CIMG0706.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
How long have you known about this and why not post about it here. Perhaps some folks in your area would like to meet you in person.
Well I contacted as many members as I had personal contact info for within a 3-400 radius. Not a single one said they were going. I did not want to go as I knew I had to work and it was a long drive. I ended up busting ass in the morning at work and heading out at 9:17

By the way the auction was 3.5 hrs away and I was the bidder that was the closest

How many followed you home Bill?

P.S. I can attest to the fact that Bill contacted several people including me prior to this auction...
Mark,

I only picked up about 12 and none of the ones I really wanted. I contacted as many folks as I could to see if they were going. I did not know about it until I was contacted by a fellow collector. I passed it on to as many folks as I had personal contact info from. One guy said he was trying to get his buddy to go but he would never get a reply. Well about halfway through doing battle with a gentleman I found out it was that buddy . At that point we worked out a deal to help each other. He drove from Baraboo WI, broke down along the way and had to rent a Ryder truck to get to the sale. That shows determination to hunt down saws to me. He deserved to go home with a load and he did.

I will also vouch that Bill contacted me. I had seen the auction listing already. I didn't see much that interested me enough to drive 6 hours round trip. I also don't feel like getting into bidding wars for old junk.

Besides I just made a trip to Illinois last week, thats enough of that state for a while. HaHa

There was one saw I was interested in but I figured it would go for too much, otherwise too many lawnmower motor saws and small saws..

What is the auction company that runs this type of sale? You buy a pamphlet thing at storefronts in your area that have auctions in them to find? How much of it was in lots and how much by the piece?

Its listed on the internet under different auction listing companies. Most have online bidding but they usually come with high 15-18 percent buyers premiums. Some offer shipping some don't. The ones that do usually charge outrages fees for it. Most the time they are by the piece lots..

I will also vouch that Bill contacted me. I had seen the auction listing already. I didn't see much that interested me enough to drive 6 hours round trip. I also don't feel like getting into bidding wars for old junk.

Besides I just made a trip to Illinois last week, thats enough of that state for a while. HaHa

There was one saw I was interested in but I figured it would go for too much, otherwise too many lawnmower motor saws and small saws..
What saw were you interested in

Had a "can't remember the model" saw. It was red with the carburetor attached to the rear handle. The carb must have had a float in it because if you cut horizontally, the handle and carb had turn to keep the float somewhat level. Someone knows if I should have kept it.

Back