Vogelzang Mountaineer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zr900

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Does anybody use the Vogelzang Mountaineer stove? What are your opinions?
I am thinking of installing one in my house.

Thanks

I dont have one but the claim of being able to heat 2,000 sq ft seems a bit exagerated. I have looked at one. The local farmstore carries them. I decided to stick with what I have for the moment only because the firebox wasn't any bigger than what I am using ATM.

Seeing the fire burning would be a plus but it did give me the impression of it being for the occasional burner and not quite big enough to go several hours without reloading.

For the $$$ I decided to hold off and see what I came up with to build on my own.

Like the old guy said as he climbed out of the airplane "50 bucks is $50 bucks after all."

me and a buddy each bought one.
I installed it on friday,and took it out on monday.....he took his out after a couple weeks.
IMO the only way it would put out much heat is if it had about 10 used oil filters in it.
no way to control the draft unless you stuff aluminum foil in the holes.
the $500 would have been better spent on beer.

They don't put out 104,000 BTU's an hour, they can consume that much.

No draft control ? Never even thought to check, figured it was loke Prego, "It's in there." Thats a primary requirement for a wood burner. Yep, definitely aimed at the occasional burner looking for ambience instead of heat.

Back